Become a Vendor
Join in our tradition of five generations of businesses by applying to become a market vendor. We hold a high standard for our vendors towards the mission of building a healthier, wealthier, and happier Detroit.
Review our vendor policies and procedures before completing our application and please understand that market vendor spaces are subject to availability.
Before applying to become a vendor, please review the 2017 public market policies and procedures.
To apply to be a vendor online, click here to fill out our application! If you are not able to complete the online application for some reason, you can download our application in PDF form here and submit on paper in person.
New vendors will need to submit description and history of their business, photos of products, displays and banners, and references from prior selling experience. This includes, if applicable, submitting samples of products to be sold. Samples may be submitted in person to the Eastern Market Offices at 2934 Russell St, Detroit MI 48207 during regular business hours.
Your application is not considered complete and will not be considered until all required documents and attachments are received. The deadline for 2017 market applications is February 28, 2017!
Volunteers play a crucial role in helping us in our mission of building a healthier, wealthier, and happier Detroit. If you’re looking for a unique service opportunity that allows you to connect with some of the most diverse experiences in the city, then you are in the right place. Whether you have plentiful amounts of time or just a couple hours a month, don’t hesitate to contact us for more information about volunteering at Eastern Market.
Become a Street Performer
We welcome street performers of all kinds to create an infectious spirit throughout our market. Performers have their opportunity to showcase their talents for thousands of visitors of all ages, ethnicities, and localities.
Rules for Street Performers
- Street performers must be at least 12 years old.
- A performance group should not exceed four people unless you get written permission from Eastern Market Corporation (EMC).
- Performers requesting additional space or amplification should submit a specific request for our permission.
- All street performers must apply in person at our office at 2934 Russell Street.
Applying to be a Street Performer
- Complete an application form at 2934 Russell Street and pay our one-time registration free of $5.00 (credit card, cash, check or money order made payable to Eastern Market Corporation).
- Street performer slots are assigned at the EMC office on the day of performance on a first-come, first-served basis for our Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday markets.
- If a performance slot is available, you will receive an approved performer badge, which you should bring with you whenever you perform. There is a $5.00 fine for performing without your badge.
Contact us with any questions about street performance at Eastern Market.
Welcome Center Hours
Stop in to ask a question, get maps and recipes, or present your Bridge Card to receive tokens accepted at many vendors under the sheds.
- Saturday 7am-4pm (year-round)
- Tuesday 9am-3pm (June-Sept.)
- Sunday 10am-4pm (June-Sept.)
District shops and restaurants are open after shed hours.
Check our directory for specifics.
1445 Adelaide, Detroit, MI 48207
(between Sheds 2 and 3)
Detroit Kitchen Connect
Do you have a food business you'd like to get off the ground? We want to help you get there! We offer commercial kitchen space, technical assistance and workshops through our partnership with FoodLab Detroit.Get Connected